Sun, 15 Mar|
SORELL - M2M - $99
MUSHROOM TO MUSHROOM
Time & Location
15 Mar 2020, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Sorell Library, 25 Cole St, Sorell TAS 7172, Australia
About the event
2 HOUR PREMIUM BEGINNERS HANDS ON WORKSHOP (INCLUDES MEGA TAKE HOME KIT)
Join Urban Kulture in their never ending tour of Australia as they bring you a wonderful presentation and hands-on skill development in gourmet mushroom cultivation... Learn how to grow your own Oyster, shiitake, reishi, lions mane and other varieties of mushrooms as we take you through the steps of mushroom cultivation, with a focus on using urbanly available
waste products all in a fun and friendly environment. You will make and take home enough kit to potentially grow over 10 kilos of oyster mushrooms!
Our workshop covers the production of mushrooms using non sterile techniques. You will learn about all the steps involved in mushroom production, from cultures to creating spawn and fruiting substrates. We will teach you to create your own oyster mushroom spawn using nothing but waste stem butts from fresh mushrooms, we will also show how to turn a 2kg bag of purchased grain spawn into 270kgs of mushrooms through our low tech spawn expansion and finally into fruiting blocks using five different urbanly available substrates: Cardboard, Paper Pellets, Hardwood Pellets, spent coffee grounds and straw!!
These types of mushrooms can be grown indoors in small spaces so it doesn’t matter if you live in a van, an apartment, a farm or a mansion. This is the easiest, highest success rate low tech method around. Mushroom growing is for everyone!
INCLUDED IN THE TICKET PRICE:
- Presentation on mushrooms including the life cycle, cultivation cycle, growing conditions, substrate creation and how to care for your mushrooms.
- Course materials available online for simple repetition of the work we do on the day.
- 1 x Bag of low tech oyster mushroom spawn capable of being expanded to make up to ten fruiting kits. (VALUE $30)
- 1x Oyster Mushroom fruiting kits that will give you your first crops of delicious oyster mushrooms within weeks of doing the workshop. (VALUE $25)
- Lifetime membership to the Urban Kulture School of Fungal Wizardry group on Facebook for ongoing support and education in your mushroom cultivation journey (VALUE $$$ PRICELESS)
MUSHROOM TO MUSHROOM TICKET