Mon, 22 Apr|
Bali Myco-Intensive Retreat April 2024
A 5 day intensive deep dive retreat covering all things Mushroom Cultivation at Urban Kulture's new Lab and Farm space in the exotic location of Ubud, Bali.
Time & Location
22 Apr 2024, 9:00 am – 26 Apr 2024, 6:00 pm
Locavore NXT, Jl. A.A. Gede Rai Gang Pura Panti Bija, Lodtunduh, Kecamatan Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
About the event
Bali Myco-Intensive Retreat
April 22nd to April 26th (Course Dates)
April 21st to April 27th (Accommodation Dates)
Join me on the island of the gods in Ubud, Bali. A magical place in the jungle, full of culture, amazing restaurants, waterfalls, monkeys and...mush mush more!
Are you ready to dive deep into mushroom cultivation? Want to get hands on time in a lab and working farm so that you walk away feeling confident in setting up and using your own lab and grow rooms at home?
Welcome to the Bali Myco- intensive: a 5 day course, combining well set-out theory with plenty of hands on action, in a beautiful tropical location.
For those that want to learn ‘all the things’ about mushroom cultivation, including bonus sessions covering medicinal mushrooms & extraction techniques ,myco-fabrication and myco-business then this 5-day course is the one for you. The retreat will take place at ‘Kulture HQ’, now located in the exciting Locavore NXT complex in Ubud, Bali. We will teach mushroom cultivation in a more sustainable and eco-friendly form, minimising output waste and repurposing waste from other business to grow mushrooms and myco-materials from.
You will stay 6 nights at the beautiful Balinese style Garden View Hotel which is conveniently located behind the sacred monkey forest and just a 5 minute stroll from the centre of town.
For those not familiar with Bali, the island is a safe and wonderful place to travel to. We would love for you to join us.
What We'll Cover:
- Growing mycelium from Spores: learn how to isolate and create your own mushroom strains from spores.
- Cloning mycelium from Mushrooms: Don't have a culture? Start one from a mushroom.
- Agar Work: how to make and work with, including recipes, pouring and transfers.
- Liquid Culture: how to make and work with, including recipes, transfers and syringes.
- Grain Spawn: How to make and how to transfer, covering Agar/LC to grain, grain to grain.
- Still Air Box: how to make and use, then practice your sterile technique.
- Laminar Flow hood: How to build your own, then practice and compare to a SAB.
- Pressure Cookers and Autoclaves: what to get and how to operate.
- Fruiting Chambers: from little to big, build a grow room to suit your needs.
- Myco-Fabrication: Grow your own Mycelium furniture and building materials.
- Medicinal Mushrooms: extraction techniques, properties and dosage.
- Myco Business Mastermind Session: How to turn mushroom growing into a side hustle or full time gig.
- Tour of the Myco Operation and an evening of fine dining at one of Asias top new restaraunts. Locavore NXT
There will also be an option to go for a sunrise rice field walk. Hopefully we will spot some wild reishi or wood ear mushrooms!
The course will be 70%+ hands on time in the labs. We will video your work to analyse and help improve your technique. You will walk away from this course with a complete set of knowledge covering all aspects of mushroom cultivation and the confidence to implement it.
Our lab has plenty of sterile work stations to practice your sterile technique. We won’t simply show you how to do things - you will get do all the things we show you, repeatedly. The information and techniques will become embodied practices that, like riding a bike, you'll remember once you set up your own space.
This course, while detailed, is completely suitable for beginners as well as those further along their fungal journeys. We will cover all you need to know in a linear fashion, using both theory and hands on practice so you don't need to know anything as a prerequisite.
To keep the chaos managable, we are limiting places at this retreat to just 8 people.
Here's a list of everything you get as part of your ticket price:
- Airport pickup (Value: $40)
- 5-day Myco Intensive course (Value:$1500)
- 6 Nights accomodation Garden View (Value: $350)
- Dining experience at Locavore NXT (Value: $180)
- A culture pack sent to your home when you return to Australia to get you growing (Value: $100)
- Monthly Alumni online sessions for a year, to stay connected and refresh your memory (Value: $600)
- Alumni groups on Facebook and website with access to current and future digital resources (Value: $300)
There will also be the option to purchase cultivation tools at a much cheaper price than you would pay in Australia.
All of this (Value $3070) is included in a ticket price of only $1500 AUD.
You can secure your spot with a $500 AUD deposit.
Please contact Aaron at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to know more details or have questions about Ubud or Bali.
- Ticket type
- Ticket type
PAY IN FULL
This is the full ticket price for the 5 day course and includes airport pickup, course, accommodation and more!Price$1,500.00